This page tells you information about us and the terms on which we source, locate, or otherwise identify any vehicles for you. These terms will apply to any Contract with us for the provision of our Services.
Please read these terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before placing an Order for any of the vehicles listed on our Website.
By placing an order with us, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
GRIDSERVE reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 5.
You should print a copy of these terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
Please note that where Vehicles are listed as Contract hire vehicles, such offers are for business users only.
For more information on Contract hire or the other types of finance available through our partners, please speak to one of our leasing consultants who will be able to assist you on 0333 1234 333
- 1. These terms and conditions contain the following words and expressions which shall have the following meanings:
|Arrangement Fee||means the fee charged by us for our Services and payable at the time of the Order|
|Cancellation Period||as defined in clause [9.2]|
|CAP||means the third-party company (CAP Automotive Limited) used by us to provide current information on the vehicles, with its registered office at Capital House, Bond Court, Leeds, LS1 5EZ|
|Credit Check||means your personal information which may be passed to credit reference agencies and finance providers to perform a credit search following receipt of your Order.|
|Deposit||means the sum that may be paid by you at the time of the Order for the vehicle.|
|Event Outside our Control||as defined in clause 18.|
|Initial Payment||means the initial rental payable to your finance provider, which will be collected by us and set out in the order and/or finance agreement.|
|Finance Agreement||means a finance agreement with a finance provider to lease the vehicle identified in your order.|
|GRIDSERVE||means GRIDSERVE UK OMM Ltd, registered and incorporated in England and Wales with company number 11057010, whose registered office is at Thorney Weir House, Thorney Mill Lane, Iver, SL0 9AQ.|
|Manufacturer||means the relevant manufacturer of your chosen Vehicle(s).|
|Order||means a signed order form and accepted finance application.|
|Services||means sourcing, locating or otherwise identifying vehicles, obtaining relevant credit checks are carried out, the arrangement or procurement of a finance agreement and the arrangement of delivery of a vehicle to you.|
|Terms||means these Terms and Conditions on which GRIDSERVE supply the Services to you.|
|VAT||means value added tax as applicable.|
|Vehicle(s)||means a vehicle displayed from time to time on our Website and ordered by you.|
|Website||means the images, applets, scripts, text and graphics forming the website operated by GRIDSERVE and registered under the domain name: www.gridserve.com.|
- 2. In these Terms and Conditions: (i) words importing he singular include the plural and vice versa, words importing a gender include every gender and references to persons include bodies corporate or unincorporated; (ii) the headings to the paragraphs are for convenience only; and (iii) the expression “group of companies” means in relation to any company that company and any holding company or subsidiary for the time being of such company and any other subsidiary of any such holding company and the expressions “holding company” and “subsidiary” shall have the meanings ascribed thereto by Sections 736 and 736A of the Companies Act 1985 (as replaced by Section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
- 1. GRIDSERVE UK OMM Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) for certain consumer credit related activities, GRIDSERVE’s FCA number is .
- 2. When acting on your behalf in a broking capacity, GRIDSERVE work with a number of carefully selected Contract hire funders and credit providers who may be able to offer you a hire arrangement (typically a long-term lease arrangement known as Personal Contract Hire – PCH or Business Contract Hire – BCH) or a finance arrangement that is known as a Personal Contract Purchase arrangement (PCP). Where GRIDSERVE act as a broker, GRIDSERVE may receive a commission for these Services.
- 3. If GRIDSERVE introduce you to any finance providers, they may pay GRIDSERVE a commission for the introduction.
- 4. Once GRIDIDSERVE have found a quote that meets your requirements, GRIDSERVE will either need to submit your application to a funder or conduct background and credit checks.
- 5. With your consent, in order to carry out finance checks both GRIDSERVE and a finance provider (where relevant) may use public and personal data from a variety of sources including credit reference agencies and other organisations. This will include carrying out a credit search. Please be aware that you may need to provide additional financial information. GRIDSERVE will let you know if this is the case. Credit searches can impact your credit rating, as any credit reference search will appear on your credit report whether or not your application proceeds. If you have any questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- 6. Vehicle leasing can be costly and failure to make payments is likely to impact your credit rating. Please take your time and carefully consider the current and future affordability of any offer before you accept the terms.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, GRIDSERVE DO NOT AND CANNOT OFFER FINANCIAL, LEGAL OR TAX ADVICE. IF YOU ARE UNSURE, PLEASE SEEK INDEPENDENT ADVICE.
- 1. Any vehicle descriptions and technical information are provided by CAP, and GRIDSERVE shall not be held liable for any errors or discrepancies.
- 2. From delivery of a Vehicle to you, it shall be you’s responsibility for keeping the Vehicle properly maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and the terms of any finance agreement where applicable.
- 3. Vehicle pricings and quotations provided by GRIDSERVE or generated from the GRIDSERVE Website are not an offer of finance and are only for guidance purposes until you has a valid Order for a Vehicle.
- 4. GRIDSERVE reserve the right to make any changes to pricing as it requires as a result of factors outside of our control, such as manufacturer price changes, the vehicle becoming out of stock, change tax treatment, VAT or residual value calculations.
- ORDERING A VEHICLE
- 1. GRIDSERVE’s Website or Leasing Consultants will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with GRIDSERVE. The process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your application to GRIDSERVE.
- 2. After you submit your application, you will receive an e-mail from GRIDSERVE acknowledging that your application has been received for consideration by GRIDSERVE and any potential funders. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not mean that your application has been accepted or that a Contract has been formed between you and GRIDSERVE.
- 3. Prior to any Contract being formed pursuant to clause 4.5, should you realise that you have made an error after placing your application or simply wish to cancel, please let GRIDSERVE know as soon as possible in writing and no later than 8 hours after submitting your application.
- 4. Once your Finance Agreement has been accepted with a signed Order form, the vehicle will be sourced from the relevant Manufacturer or dealership.
- 5. If there are any subsequent changes beyond GRIDSERVE’s control such as the vehicle ordered is not available, or the funder making a change to the price, GRIDSERVE will contact you to confirm whether you want to proceed with the order, find an alternative vehicle or cancel.
- 6. If you are a consumer, you may only place an Order for a Vehicle if you are at least 18 years old and resident in the United Kingdom holding a full driver’s licence. The prices stated in respect of the Vehicles may be shown inclusive or exclusive of VAT. Please note that you will be liable to pay VAT.
- 7. If you are a business customer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to place an order for vehicles (where applicable). The prices stated in respect of the vehicles will be exclusive of VAT.
- 8. In the event you are a business customer, these terms, any Order, Order Confirmation and any agreed amendments to the order, constitutes the entire agreement between GRIDSERVE and you and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations, and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- 9. A Contract shall be formed between you and GRIDSERVE (the “Contract”) once you have provided all necessary information to process your application, requested the Services to be performed, paid the Arrangement Fee, Deposit (if required) and/or Initial Payment (as applicable) and you have received our acceptance of your application by e-mail (“Order Confirmation”).
- 10. Once the vehicle has been sourced, the details of your application will be communicated to our panel of finance providers and you will need to enter into a separate Finance Agreement with the relevant finance provider.
- 11. You may on request be responsible to pay the Arrangement Fee, Deposit, and Initial Payment at the time of your application or at such time as required by GRIDSERVE. GRIDSERVE reserves the right to charge you the Arrangement Fee and/or Deposit (or a reasonable proportion of such fees) if GRIDSERVE has already commenced performance of the Services and you fail to enter into a Finance Agreement or having entered a Finance Agreement you fail to proceed with the Order.
- 12. If you are a consumer, your are entitled to cancel your Order in accordance with clause 5.2. In the event you choose to cancel the Contract for the Services within the 14-day cancellation period, you may still be liable to pay the Arrangement Fee and/or Deposit (or a reasonable proportion). We refer you to clause 5.6(a) and 5.6(b) for further details.
- 13. In the event GRIDSERVE are unable to locate any vehicles stated on the Order Confirmation at the price stated, or after GRIDSERVE has commenced performance of the Services, GRIDSERVE will notify you of this by e-mail and GRIDSERVE shall not proceed any further. In the event GRIDSERVE cannot perform the services in accordance with this clause 4.13, GRIDSERVE shall refund the amount paid by you to GRIDSERVE as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 30 working days from the date of the notification.
- 14. You shall indemnify us and hold us harmless against all liabilities, reasonable and properly incurred costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses and all interest, penalties and legal costs and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us once the vehicle has been sourced and/or any claim or demand made against us by a third party (including but not limited to a finance provider) arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services to the extent that such claim arises out of the cancellation of the Contract and/or any Finance Agreement entered into by you. The recoverable costs under this indemnity may include (but not limited to):
- preparation costs;
- transport costs;
- storage costs;
- vehicle registration costs;
- delivery costs; and
- any other costs ancillary to the provision of the Services.
- 15. GRIDSERVE do not supply Vehicles outside of the United Kingdom.
- PRICING AND DEVLIVERY CHARGES
- 1. The prices of the vehicles will be as quoted on our Website at the time you submit your application. GRIDSEVRE will try to ensure that the prices of the vehicles are correct. However, please see clause [5.5] for what happens if we discover an error in the price of any Vehicle ordered.
- 2. Prices for the vehicles may change from time to time, and any changes that affect the price of an Order that you have already placed will be communicated to you. In these circumstances, you will be able to cancel your Order if such changes are not acceptable to you.
- 3. The price of the vehicles includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of receiving the order confirmation and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay.
- 4. Save as otherwise communicated to you the prices advertised for the vehicles include:
- the cost of delivery by the relevant dealer to your chosen UK mainland destination.
- the cost of number plates.
- the cost of any road fund licence for the term of the Finance Agreement (if applicable. If the cost of the road fund licence or of any applicable additional or alternative duty licence or levy imposed in relation to the Vehicle or its use increases you will be charged the amount of the increase by your finance provider for the applicable year. Further charges may apply in subsequent years, for more information please refer to the terms and conditions of your Finance Agreement); and
- the cost of any vehicle registration charge.
- 5. The GRIDSERVE Website contains a large number of vehicles. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the vehicles listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. If GRIDSERVE discover an error in the price of any vehicle, GRIDSERVE will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing with the Order at the correct price or you may cancel your Order. GRIDSERVE will not process your Order until your instructions have been received. If GRIDSERVE are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- 6. Whilst GRIDSERVE endeavour to always display the correct rate on the Website, rates fluctuate due to Manufacturers pricing, adjustments in finance companies residual values and dealer or manufacturer discount levels. This does not mean that the price for your Order is incorrect, should be changed or you have a right to cancel pursuant to clause 5.5 but that the price for the same or similar vehicle as contained in your Order has been amended on our Website after placing your Order.
- 7. Whilst every effort is made to state or provide quotations, manufactures standard and optional equipment details accurately, no responsibility can be accepted for fluctuations in interest rates, manufacturer’s prices and specification changes or otherwise. Quotations are subject to account and credit approval and vehicle availability.
- 8. Payment of the Arrangement Fee or Deposit can only be carried out by a debit card or credit card. GRIDSERVE accept the following cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Mastero or Mastercard.
- CONSUMER RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
THIS CLAUSE 9 IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO CONSUMERS AND NOT BUSINESS CUSTOMERS.
- 1. As a consumer you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the cancellation period as set out in clause 5.2, if you are a consumer within the definition of these Regulations. This means that during the Cancellation Period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive the Services, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 2. Your legal right to cancel is 14 days from the date the Contract with GRIDSERVE starts (the “Cancellation Period”). For example: if you place your Order on 1 January and we send you an Order Confirmation on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
- 3. To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email to email@example.com, or contact your Leasing Consultant.
- 4. If you cancel your Contract, we will refund the Arrangement Fee, Deposit and Initial Payment, or any other monies received from you at the date of cancellation. GRIDSERVE are permitted by law to charge a reasonable fee for the Services in circumstances where you have requested the Services to be performed in accordance with clause 5.6(a) or 5.6(b) during the cancellation period and deduct such reasonable fee from the monies held which could be up to the full amount of the Arrangement Fee, Deposit and Initial Payment, or any other monies received from you. Such fee shall be:
- in proportion to what services have been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of our Contract.
- calculated on the basis of the total price agreed in the Contract for our Services or, if the total price is excessive, on the basis of the market value of the service that has been supplied, calculated by comparing prices for equivalent services supplied by other suppliers. GRIDSERVE will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
- 5. As you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply the Services in conformity with these terms. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to services that are provided not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause or anything else in these terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 6. As you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply the Services in conformity with these terms. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to services that are provided not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause or anything else in these terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- requested the Services to be performed during the Cancellation Period and you have acknowledged that you will be responsible to pay the Arrangement Fee and/or Deposit (or a reasonable proportion) for the Services during the Cancellation Period; or
- placed an Order for a Vehicle which are made to your individual specifications and are clearly personalised in circumstances where this has been communicated to you in advance of GRIDSERVE performing the Services.
- GRIDSERVE’S RIGHT TO CANCEL
- 1. GRIDSERVE reserve the right to cancel the Contract in the event of any issues outside of GRIDSERVE’s control or the unavailability of key personnel and/or any of the vehicles. If GRIDSERVE cancels the Contract in accordance with this clause 6, GRIDSERVE shall refund any amounts paid by you prior to the date of cancellation.
- 2. GRIDSERVE reserve the right to cancel the Contract after the commencement of the Services for any reason by providing you with written notice in writing. Any amounts paid by you up to the date of cancellation shall be refunded to you by GRIDSERVE.
- 3. GRIDSERVE reserves the right to cancel the Contract at any time with immediate effect in the event:
- you fail to pay the Arrangement Fee, Deposit and/or the Initial Payment following a request from GRIDSERVE to you as communicated from time to time; or
- if you commit a material breach of the Contract and do not rectify such breach within 7 days of being notified of the breach.
- 4. In the event GRIDSERVE cancels the Contract, GRIDSERVE shall refund all monies paid by you up to the date of the Contract.
- DELIVERY OF A VEHICLE
- 1. GRIDSERVE shall provide you with an estimated delivery date of the vehicle once this has been received from the relevant dealer supplying the vehicle, or the estimated date provided by the Manufacturer.
- 2. Upon receipt of a signed Finance Agreement, the vehicle will be registered and delivered to the address provided you in your application or made available for collection at one of the GRIDSERVE sites or any other location as agreed with GRIDSERVE. Any mileage showing on the odometer of the vehicle will not count towards your contracted mileage allowance.
- 3. Any quoted delivery date is an estimate and circumstances can arise where vehicles are delayed during manufacture or delivery. In these cases, GRIDSERVE will keep you informed. GRIDSERVE have no control over Manufacturer delivery times and will not accept any responsibility for any losses caused by any delay to the delivery time.
- 4. Prior to delivery you will need to provide proof of insurance for the Vehicle. You are responsible for ensuring that your Vehicle is covered by an appropriate insurance policy.
- MANUFACTUERS WARRANTY
- 1. For details of the applicable Manufacturers Warranty terms and conditions, please refer to the Manufacturer’s warranty provided with the vehicles.
- 2. If you are a consumer, a Manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to any vehicles that are faulty or not as reasonably described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 3. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, GRIDSERVE DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY ON THE VEHICLE WHATSOEVER.
- GRIDSERVE LIABILITY
Business Customers only
- 1. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes our liability in performing the Services for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 2. Subject to clause 10.1, GRIDSERVE shall not be liable to you whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Services for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill;
- or any indirect or consequential loss.
Private Consumers only
- 3. GRIDSERVE shall have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 4. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes our liability in performing the Services for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- FORCE MAJUERE EVENT
GRIDSERVE shall not be in breach of this agreement nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under the Contract if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. In such circumstances the affected party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations. If the period of delay or non-performance continues for 6 weeks, the party not affected may terminate this agreement by giving 30 days written notice to the affected party.
- 1. Assignment and other dealings. GRIDSERVE may at any time assign, transfer or otherwise deal with our rights and obligations under a contract to another organisation, this will not affect your rights or GRIDSERVE’s obligations under these terms. As you, you may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person with our prior written consent.
- 2. Third Party Rights. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these terms, whether under the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- 3. Severance. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 4. Waiver. Failure at any time to demand strict performance of any of the undertakings, terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall not be constituted as a continuing waiver or relinquishment thereof. Should any term of this Agreement be considered void or voidable under any applicable law then such term shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the remainder of this Agreement valid or enforceable, unless the whole commercial object is thereby frustrated.
- 5. Excess Mileage. Your contract will have an annual mileage limit which will apply across the full term of the Contract. If the vehicle is returned with excessive mileage, above the total limit for your Contract, this will result in additional charges. Where the vehicle is returned at the end of the contract, it should be in good condition allowing for ‘Fair Wear and Tear’. Please see the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association guidelines on fair wear and tear for further details. You will be charged for any damage which does not constitute fair wear and tear.
- 6. Jurisdiction. These terms and the contract with us and any dispute arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party both agrees that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising in connection with these Terms.